The 15 Best Chicago Coffee Shops for Entrepreneurs, Freelancers, and Anyone WFH
I love a good coffee shop.
I have been working from home, coffee shops, and co-working spaces for about 4 months now. I also set people up on Loop Meetings so, as you can imagine, I’m always on the lookout for a good coffee shop in Chicago.
I’m partial to cozy spots with couches, fireplaces, delicious mochas, and warm croissants, but let’s be honest - if the WIFI doesn’t work or I can’t find an outlet, I’m out of there. Here’s a list of some of the best coffee shops I’ve found for work.
Getting Sh*t Done
- Filter Café (Wicker Park | 1373 N Milwaukee Ave) Best WIFI I’ve found at a coffee shop and so. many. couches.
- Caffe Streets (Wicker Park | 1750 W Division St) Everyone is here to work. Grab a coffee and pull out your laptop.
- Eva’s Cafe (Old Town | 1447 N Sedgwick St) Quiet, warm, and not-too-crowded. What more could you want? Stay for hours.
- Starbucks (Old Town | 210 W North Ave) Cozy fireplace, plenty of seating, and its open from 4am – 1am. Yes, 1am.
- Argo Tea (Loop | 16 W Randolph St) Cozy, two-level tea shop in the Loop. Open until 11pm.
- Filter Café (Wicker Park | 1373 N Milwaukee Ave) Here we go again. I love this place and it’s open until 10pm on weeknights.
- Intelligentsia’s 1871 Coffeebar (River North | Merchandise Mart, 12th Floor) As the furnace that fuels 1871, Intelligentsia inspires both entrepreneurs and innovation enthusiasts. Enjoying coffee here is sure to liven up any discussion and ‘wow’ corporate professionals or out-of-towners.
- Fabcakes (River North | 714 N Wells) Local, quiet coffee shop near the Chicago brown line stop. Plenty of tables for a small meeting.
- Specialty’s (Loop | 77 S Dearborn St) This large restaurant/coffee shop is empty in the morning and has an ideal location in the Loop, right between brown, blue, and red line stops.
Group Coffee Meetings
- Argo Tea (Loop | 140 S Dearborn St) Good location and they’re more than happy to reserve the large table upstairs for a group.
- Sip Coffee House (River West | 1223 W Grand Ave) Large, independent coffee house with plenty of seating and an incredible patio. Call ahead to reserve the upstairs loft.
- Eva’s Cafe (Old Town | 1447 N Sedgwick St) There are three tables in the back perfect for a 2 - 10 person meeting. Call ahead to reserve.
- Floriole (Lincoln Park | 1220 W Webster Ave) I added a food category just so I could mention Floriole’s croissants. Please go get one.
- Bourgeois Pig Café (Lincoln Park | 738 W Fullerton Ave) Ideal for a working lunch in Lincoln Park. Yum.
- Bang Bang Pie Shop (Logan Square | 2051 N California Ave) OMG, biscuits! You may think you’ve had a good biscuit, but you haven’t until you’ve tried one of these.
Fine Print: I’m primarily judging these coffee shops based on atmosphere, not the actual coffee. I’m sure there are many more coffee shops worth mentioning. If you have a favorite that isn’t listed, let us know at email@example.com.
Follow @LoopMeetings on Twitter